Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 15:17 Ratty

Jerykk wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:30:
The chances of this being a pure stealth game are slim to none. It'll most definitely make combat a more viable option than it was in the previous games.
I'm betting you're right. Which is a shame. Dishonored had some great stealth gameplay but I felt the design and gameplay options they added to support full combat weakened the game. I know everyone loves Dishonored and I enjoyed playing it but there was some element of "meh" to the whole thing I can't quite put my finger on. Something a little too Harvey Smith minimalist about it a la Deus Ex Invisible War. Like he applied his philosophy of boiling everything down to the absolute core elements needed and discarded anything else as distractions. Maybe it's that half the equipment and powers were useless to me. Yet when I compare stealth features of Dishonored against those of Thief they come out about even. Like I said, I haven't put my finger on it yet.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo