Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 11:06 Sempai

A union isn't the answer. A union will get you what Hollywood has - contract workers rather than employees. That's even worse than what we have now.

EA isn't as much of a problem as they were, anyway. They do far less buying and razing awesome studios these days. They don't have the buying power, but I think they've learned that lesson. A bit.
The issue now is more just a function of no one understanding what to do about how much it costs to make a game with cutting edge graphics. Most studios decided the way to handle that is by reducing single player to 6-7 hours.

It isn't just games dealing with this, either. Look at Hollywood now. The most expensive movies of all time are the ones heaviest with CGI - movies like Oz Great and Powerful which is 100% greenscreened cost over $200MM. Nuts. And then the artists doing those effects get laid off and the studios get closed weeks after winning awards.
Don't know the answer. Industry leading computer visuals are just extremely expensive...

Agreed.

When the studio for Life of Pi gets shuttered the day after winning an Oscar, there's something wrong with your business model.
As an adult gamer who becomes giddy as a school girl on a Monday night waiting for that amazing game to unlock, I fear for the folks who are responsible for creating, and providing me with amazing experiences because the industry is the way it is.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo