Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 5, 2013, 10:43 Panickd

After the game refused to let me actually play beyond the beginning tutorial during the beta, I pretty much saw this coming. It's kind of sad that companies that really, really want you to be connected all the time to play their games cannot hold their end up server-wise. If you expect your users to be logged into your servers all the time you had better make sure your servers are capable of handling it even if that means going well over normal capacity on day one until things die down. In a day and age when we can have cloud systems that can spawn virtual servers on demand and load balance across them there isn't any excuse for having such a poor customer experience out-of-the-box on day one like this.

But at least they're offering refunds.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo