Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 17:51 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 15:38:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 15:04:
But as one of those players that consciously shifts playstyle after leveling up one of them (such as bow + light armor + sneak), I'd gladly reset those in order to use them again. Not sure why more of you don't feel the same, if playing a god isn't fun for you?

Because resetting your bow skill makes it useless. You can get away with Bow 20 and no perks at the start, because the enemies are pathetic. By the time you get that skill to 100, and then reset it, the enemies will be level 35-40.

So are you going to be kiting that Bandit Plunderer for 30 minutes while you shoot arrows at him that do 11 damage? Knowing he has ~ 700 health?

It's the journey of progression and getting better over time that is satisfying, and this is a chance to do that over and over again.

Myeah. I fail to see how it's satisfying to have a skill that goes from being awesome to being useless, and then having to build it up again. Usually by the time I've reached true immortality I've reached the goals I've set for that character, and I just start over again.

Creston

Resetting your skill doesn't reset your damage to noob levels because you still have your uber gear... You're still powerful, just not as much as you were previously. That is, until you level up the skill again and gain some levels and end up being MORE powerful than you started.

Look, it's up to you how you use this skill reset business. You can reset a bow skill or a sneak skill on their own, and still be pretty uber, or both and have some challenge again. Or you can decide you don't want to reset anything at all, doesn't matter to me or anyone else.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo