Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 14:56 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 13:28:
In Skyrim playing the Dark Brotherhood is not exactly "evil" most of the time you are killing proper evil people. And the other part you are simply defending yourself and your family against betrayal.

Urrr, wot? Just off the top of my head, the Dark Brotherhood has you (secret for spoilers) kill those three people in the house when Astrid comes to recruit you (I guess you can kill just one, but has anyone ever done that? Doesn't everyone just kill all three to be sure?) How are those people evil?

Then they have you do multiple contracts where they just go "murder this dude in city so and so."
Then they have you kill the Gourmet.
Then they have you kill more schleps in random cities.
They they have you kill the Emperor.

Now, maybe my definition of evil is different than yours, but to me there's little good about that. Who exactly is so evil, in your mind, other than that old hag?

I absolutely hated the Thief Questline in Skyrim, for one, getting to the quest people was a pain in the ass. You had to go through 2 level changes and transitions to get in, and 2 to get out again. Yeah it made sense from a logical point of view but it made the flow of the missions so clunky. And then you ended up with barely any proper resolution.

Did you stop playing after you retrieved the Eye of the Falmer and killed Mercer, or did you finish the quest all the way to its proper end? I thought it and the Dark Brotherhood quests ended pretty decently.

However, one thing I have always said about the Thieves Guild is that its main missions have little to do with thieving, and far more to do with "Go here and wipe everything the fuck out."

Although the story was good, the role play as thief was massively limited. Most of the AI never even notices their stuff going missing in the night...

Yeah, it was stupid that those radiant items weren't even labeled as "owned."

In Oblivion, the thief quest line was.. mysterious and fun. For half the time I had no idea where it would go and I dual played brotherhood and thief class which meant I often had a lot of sneaking fun (going on assassinations lend itself to plundering everything...)

I agree. The Oblivion guild quest lines were far, far better, and the Skyrim ones feel like poor substitutes.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo