Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 02:30 NewMaxx

siapnar wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 00:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 22:46:
Funnily, I consider Skyrim to be worse than Oblivion in terms of "RPG". At least THAT had the dark brotherhood and thief questlines, which were absolutely amazing (assassins) and mostly amazing (Thief). Sadly to few games ever get the "be evil" right..... at least Oblivion tried.
I agree, though my first Oblivion playthrough I wanted to be a nice guy and help everyone that I could, therefore anything evil was a strict no no.
Unfortunately, I never got around to doing that full second playthrough as an evil badass in the dark brotherhood

As for the first guy, I agree. Oblivion was better as a RPG than Skyrim. I think the reason is that after the success of Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim was slated more in that style of design. Although that works well in the Fallout universe, it doesn't translate as well to Tamriel for the RPG fans. A fantasy world is just going to be more open and grounded and less "wtf" than a post-apocalyptic one.

As for the second guy, you can be both good and evil in a single playthrough. That's how I played my main character. You can get the Gray Fox mask without many evil deeds (at least that are known), after which you can live a double life. Honestly I thought the ability to do that, coupled with the Dark Brotherhood quest-line (once you had the mask), was perhaps the best "RPGish" fun I've ever had.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo