Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 01:24 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 22:46:
Funnily, I consider Skyrim to be worse than Oblivion in terms of "RPG". At least THAT had the dark brotherhood and thief questlines, which were absolutely amazing (assassins) and mostly amazing (Thief). Sadly to few games ever get the "be evil" right..... at least Oblivion tried.

Er, maybe you didn't make your point clear enough, but Skyrim also has Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild quests... As I expected, the former constituted THE best and most interesting/entertaining structured content (especially when you include additional scattered one-off quests that are actually connected, such as the jester transporting a coffin and bothering that farmer outside Whiterun). Your tasks may not be so darkly evil as what you do in Oblivion (what was it called, the Purification?), but it culminates in something that rivals defeating the doomsday dragon as far as Tamriel-changing events. There's obviously a few guys on the Bethesda team that absolutely love that stuff and put extra work into it, because the characters and non-combat objectives are unparalleled anywhere else in the game. The Thieves' Guild stuff was pretty good, also, easily #2 among the various side-quest lines. At this point, I don't know why they don't just make an entire game centered around those themes, or at least an expansion.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2013, 01:30.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo