Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Mar 3, 2013, 00:49 Closed Betas

Krizzen wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 18:17:
I just gotta say, dual-marketing their engine to consumers and the government is just pure genius. However, claiming their military base research was 'for a game' didn't give them a free pass. Regardless, it's still really cool (and CPU destroying) tech.

Arma has been nothing but a game made off their simulation training program for military / police... Its simply taking the elements of the simulation and stripping off the tools and fat, and building a mission scenario around that... (and lately they have guessed, adding single player campaign will boost sales) not very polished and lame work won't help much there as shown... Their clunkiness, and poor choice of marine weapons taking out the (little bird) and fun options almost bankrupted the game side... They got smart and added that stuff back in for OA, but still went totally in the wrong direction

Has hardly made them any money, in fact, so very little, hardly many work on it... The fact they don't work on needed elements, (better docs for modders) and better models, interface work has almost put the company to rest, cept for the lucky mod that took the game to mainstream...

Bohemia makes its mountains of cash in training, not sales of the products.. To train a person in basics of the software, companies and militaries shell our $10,000's of dollars per pupil for visits to their little school sessions.. You'd barph at what the costs are for a 3 day session where they teach you how to run a mission in real time.. or perhaps stick a model into the simulation.. lol

I think they know that mod support is what they should be focusing on.. will steam interfere with this.. again i believe so... this company has taken lots of daggers and the team is getting old and boring... think this is their last hoopla.

shame, with the proper docs, and good server support, and modding help.. this game could be 10,000 games in one... but its just too clunky, to lost from its initial infantry combat, to now technical current combat air focus... adding in sea and current will just suck resources to the max, meaning poor ai and a worthless combat zone..

oh but don't worry, the zombies are now ragdoll physics, so kicking them around will be some fun..

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo