Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 09:36 PHJF

Well Half Elf will tell you I'm pretty vehemently opposed to DLC. Basically any DLC I have is from GOTY editions. I bought a couple of actual content packs for Sleeping Dogs seeing as how it was a great port and stellar game besides.

And mind you I'm talking about gen-you-ine content packs not a fucking reskinned map or zomg a new assault rifle. I'd shoot myself through the fucking head before paying cash money for content any retard from 4chan could have developed in the span of one evening. Maybe I just have a different opinion on this seeing as I was PC gaming (and modding) long before DLC was around. When a game warranted new content it was SUBSTANTIAL enough to be shipped in a box to retail. There was a RISK involved in putting out something offensive to consumer standards beyond simply pissing people off (looking at you, Capcom).

Borderlands DLC is about right as the standard I would use. Meaty content. I've played Dawnguard and it was pretty adequate as well. I haven't played them (because I have the original collector editions and so don't really feel like paying any more) but from all accounts FO3 and New Vegas had DLC done right.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo