Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Mar 1, 2013, 20:09 The_Pink_Tiger

I was underwhelmed. Although the gameplay is a significant improvement over the second game, it still lacks the openness of the original; while the combat arenas are larger, it still isn't too hard to bump against the walls - invisible or otherwise - keeping you in. The actual fighting was nothing to write home about either, made worse by the limited ammunition. Honestly, I spent more of the game avoiding combat than I did actually shooting at enemies because I found it that much of a chore.

Graphically, the game takes full advantage of a PCs hardware... unfortunately. It goes way overboard with the effects, so much that it is actually difficult to make out what you are being shown. The HUD was obnoxious and cluttered as well.

At best, it's an average game and - technology aside - has little going for it. It lacks soul and style. At the end, I was forcing myself to finish the game and I uninstalled it seconds after the final credits began to roll, without regret. If I have anything good to say about it, it's that it finally brings an end to a storyline that was becoming ever more preposterous with every iteration. Frankly, as much as I loved the original FarCry and the first Crysis, I'm not sorry to see this franchise end.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo