Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 19:30 Ray Marden

It takes an absurd level of hardware, but the game is damn beautiful with all settings maxed. It really does look just like the screenshots - it immediately made all other games look simple and cheap.

Overall, I would give it an 8/10. The game itself is probably just too easy and inconsistent. I see the potential for this to be an amazing game, but some of the quirks make me give it a lower rating.

I already saw a few comments about it being too easy so I went in on a higher difficulty, but I never felt challenged or threatened. The bow in particular is rather ridiculous - it becomes a one-hit-kill rocket launcher that doesn't even break stealth! The aliens weapons are absurdly fun and absurdly powerful. I really like the ability to customize your suit (upgrade all components of the suit, though you can only have a finite amount active,) but they gave out too many upgrade modules; I am on the last level and have all but one upgrade unlocked. Even then, it just makes you that more overwhelming, whether you play the stealth game or go in guns blazing.

I chose the former and, hunting for all the upgrade modules and intelligence pieces, my session is going to clock in around 10 hours. If you go straight shooter, you can easily cut that time in half.

Otherwise, the mixture of components felt slightly off. It was too easy to pick enemies off one by one, levels felt slightly more confined or at least sparsely populated in certain areas, enemies spawn at blatant script points (which you then just flag and mark through walls with your super goggles ,) I though it was weird to transition from the alien-heavy ending of the second game back to fighting humans and ending up fighting aliens again at the end, etc.

I do like the game, but I just wish it did a little more. It's good, but not great. I got the game for "free" with the purchase of my video cards, but it would probably be better priced around $40-$50. Also, realize that this is still a Crysis game, nanosuit and all - I love that, but others may hate it.
Crysis was a better overall experience.
http://tinyurl.com/d6prkbl

Having fun, but left wishing there was more,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo