Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 28, 2013, 13:15 Creston

crypto wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 07:33:
Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 10:27:
There were several guys who had everything unlocked, including every single ultra-rare to level X. The amount of packs it takes to do that is staggering. When asked about it, one of those guys admitted he'd blown "a few thousand bucks" on buying packs. Sadly for him, he still couldn't play for shit.)

I would expect that person to be a company plant or marketing ploy. It stops people from saying "nobody would spend that much money" or "that company is stupid for asking X dollars for Y&Z" etc. At the same time it gives the kids something to wish(whine) for. More than likely A person from the community team or PR dpt with an alt account would be my guess.

That's a possibility, but since we neither have a way to verify it one way or the other, it'll remain a theory. I know plenty of people bought packs (though far more did in the console community, where apparently the e-peen thing is more important.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo