Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers Feb 28, 2013, 11:01 Quboid

fawker wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 09:51:
Considering the majority of f2p models are horrible cash grabs, I'm glad they are not.

I like having the full experience for a nominal monthly fee, rather than never having the full experience in F2P, without spending hundreds of dollars.

I agree. The Android Market (I still prefer that to Google Play Store) is awful for this. Looking at the top free, top new free and top grossing and the same titles pop up time and again. These are supposedly free, how can they be top grossing? I wonder...

Clearly there's bucket loads of money so I can see why it's being jumped upon but it's already got to the point where I view paying for an Android game to be a good thing. When paid games start getting away with in-app purchases, then I'm screwed. It wouldn't be hard for Google to enable filtering of apps with in-app payments but doing this for PC games is a lot harder.

Let me pay you a fair price for the game and then let me compete using my skill or fail to compete due to my lack of skill. Don't put me in a position where the top ranks of your game is limited to kids with their parents' credit card.

Still, $15/m sounds like a lot. I'm not sure how plex affect things, if this means the top players effectively play for free, do some of the lower players buy extra?

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo