Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2013, 10:52 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 09:31:
Actually the blame for the housing crash was ultimately the Clinton administration's deregulation in regards banks to lending money. It happened on Bush's watch so of course he got the blame for it.

Republicans pushed and lobbied for it though, Clinton was a pretty right leaning Democrat in office which is part of why he toes the lines of both parties so well. It's one of the reasons I liked Clinton. Blaming it on all Clinton while ignoring where he was taking his cues from is silly. Many Republican principles in regards to how we pursue capitalism are outmoded and need to be revisited. The old models do not work, we can't keep treating people like numbers alone and using money as the end all motivator for society because it doesn't work.

Look at the UK under Thatcher when they tried the same thing. They even modeled all government agencies as a market and tried financial incentives, it doesn't work. People game the system for their own means.

Believe it or not I didn't hate Clinton. He worked with both sides of the isle and actually got shit accomplished. Whether that's credit due to Newt or Bill or both I don't honestly know but they did work to get both parties to agree on things.

Bush and Obama on the other hand are two peas in the same pod. Both terrible presidents, both created massive debt without many solutions.

Obama in my mind, bias as it is, took things one step further however by out right lying to the American people over and over with a straight face, (least transparent presidency in the history of the US, too many executive orders to count, and one cover up after another, aka fast and furious and Bhengazi) yet the uninformed masses still love good Ol Barry because they misconstrue his narcissism for confidence and fall for his slick speaking skills.

Obama is charismatic, unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to compromise and is the first person to throw temper tantrums and finger point when he doesn't get his way. For a president who chastised Bush for going to 2 wars, he's started another on his own without congress approval and has used Bush's timetable for our withdrawal from Iraq/Afghanistan while taking all the credit for it. Not leadership material imo.

The worse of it all however is Obamacare, hooray for instituting a health care bill that will make everyone pay more for healthcare. Bang up job Barry!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo