Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs Feb 27, 2013, 18:33 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 17:09:
Exactly. How pro PC can a developer be if they force you to constantly spam your escape key. Not to mention don't have UI with a set key for each window or Save/Quicksave anytime.
So a PC game HAS to feature quicksave functionality and CAN'T make you use the Esc button? Please. Quicksave fundamentally undermines the difficulty of games and, as a PC gamer through-and-through, I was GLAD to see Far Cry 3 not use it. As for requiring you to constantly press Esc, that was a design flaw - not a console issue - and a patch was released to address that.

Acleacius wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 17:09:
Or maybe they are just delusional and believe they are a PC developer, instead of just being a PC port developer.
You know what? Fuck you. Far Cry 3 was a great PC and if you can't see that then I pity you. I literally pity you. We're not talking about a game like RAGE or Aliens: Colonial Marines that were obviously crippled by their focus on consoles - we're talking about a game that played to the strengths of the platform.

I mean, let's look at some of the PC exclusives we have. Let's look at STALKER. It's interface? Utter shit. The Witcher... shit interface, clunky gameplay. Crysis? Shit performance, fake DX10 requirement and dumbed down gameplay. Where the fuck are these amazing PC-exclusive games that aren't being ruined by consoles? Diablo III? Oh no, that required you to play online and people were annoyed with the real-money auction house. Just because a game isn't exactly how YOU want it to be doesn't mean it's dumbed down for consoles. Sometimes bad design decisions are just that - bad design decisions.

I don't like consoles. I don't own any consoles. I consider them to be inferior to PC in just about every way. But they're not responsible for every issue with PC gaming. Jesus.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo