Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 14:10 Zadig

Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 10:52:
BF3 and ME3 helped them register a ton of people, but few of those people use Origin for anything else. I 'use' it because I have to use it to run ME3. Other than that, it serves no purposes, same as that retarded Ubi thing. They will never overtake Steam. EA isn't willing to do what is necessary to overtake Steam. Plus, let's be honest, if they ever looked like serious competition, Valve/Steam can easily outspend them if necessary. Steam will never just sit still while someone else tries to take over the #1 spot.

Creston

I'd agree that Origin will never really compete with Steam. The goodwill Valve has and the great exposure they offer indie games are something I can't see EA ever matching. They clearly have no interest in a "price war". I believe Amazon is the only one who could overtake Steam, since they are larger, didn't just enter into this with a copycat product, and aren't hated by large amounts of the gaming population either.

edit- added a "no"

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2013, 14:19.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo