Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 03:51 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:05:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:00:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 20:53:
But damn, I really need a new computer, but Haswell is so close. Guess I have to wait till June...

What you really need is 3 GeForce Titans.

nah, I think my 660 will be enough. ArmA/OFP was never a huge GPU hogger. I was more thinking about getting a nice quad core Haswell and overclock it to 5 GHz. Oh yeah and a new SSD!

Arma 3 looks fairly graphically intense (although the 660 is a nice card). Not sure the Haswell will give you much of a performance boost, unless you're running something ancient.

As did ArmA 2 when it was released, and it still looks stunning today, when you crank up the view distance. Yet my GTX 260 was enough for quite some time and the game didnt get faster when I decreased graphics. However, when I overclocked my CPU to 3.8 GHz and later bought an SSD, both of those upgrades made a huge difference.

There were two DLC add-ons (PMC and British armed forces) for Arma 2 and one stand alone expansion (operation arrowhead). They've said that DayZ is going to be using an improved version of Arma 2 engine and not Arma 3 - maybe that will change but I doubt it.

There was also the Czech army DLC.

Now that I think of it, I would really like to get some printed maps. I am kinda disappointed that they dont offer them with even the supporter edition. Yet they offer printed maps of Chernarus, Takistan and others in their shop.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo