Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: AMD's Hair-Raising Tech Feb 26, 2013, 17:45 Spektr

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 13:03:
It's weird, he features look half-Asian, half Caucasian. I wonder if that's to appeal to a broader, more international audience?

Personally, I kind of like the new look.

hmm I don't know, asians do appeal to the part of the caucasian audience that is me :p As do caucasians and half asians too to be honest :p

Ok to be serious... this kind of "technological patch" has me wonder why Nvidia bothered purchasing PhysX at all. I mean what have they brought forward in term of graphical revolution with this purchase? Better capes in Batman Arkham City? Aww come on. Can't say that's the be all end all of modern graphics but it's been a while we were waiting for that graphical improvement to appear in games. ( I know I was at least :p) Reminds me when bump mapping normal mapping appeared in video games. It's starting to be a while already since we've seen that sweet candy appear. Since then developers have been quite content with the status quo it would seem. Actually it's been a while I've been waiting for a new improvement of this scope. I am betting this one will make babies and we'll see nice-looking hair in plenty of videogames soon. This is something which might have come up thanks to physx and that would have heralded an era of realistic hair fur grass leaves and cloth physix. This is a missed opportunity as something Nvidia has failed to cash on when they purchased PhysX.
An opportunity missed for the gaming community too because the games that come out today don't use all the power of the videocards and a success with pushing this technology could have brought with it more innovation. This might still be the case but I doubt this studio has the stature to bring it on all on its own.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2013, 17:51.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo