Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2013, 13:34 Rigs

Indeed...I've said the same numerous times when asked why I don't get 'into the industry' that I'm always talking about. Precisely because I don't want it to become a job. It's like when I would help anyone that called me with their computer problems, it got to the point that people were calling at 3am about every and any little thing, preferring not to learn how to fix the problem on their own, just rely on me to do it. It got so I was sick of messing with hardware and Windows in general, even on my own system, that I finally put my foot down and said, 'Enough!' and now I don't help nearly as much as I used to and I made it very clear why. Like with any hobby, it can get to the point where you get burnt out on it. And if it's your livelihood, which means you can't just take a break from it and come back later, then you have a serious problem...Not quite what the article is talking about but still...

Also, this is why I don't bash on game devs for games that didn't live to their potential, such as the recent Aliens: Colonial Marines debacle. No matter what came of it, someone obviously put some serious heart and soul into the game. Just because it came together badly doesn't mean people didn't work their asses off to make it. As I said when the reviews started coming in, I feel bad for some of the devs because this can be a soul crusher...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo