Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:59 Verno

space admiral wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:57:
what is good about the season pass? does it make the DLC more cheaper to pre-order?

Yeah, the idea is that they keep getting as much money upfront from the consumer as possible in the critical release window. The "deal" for the consumer is you get all of the DLC for less money. I haven't really seen a single "pass" that was actually worth the discount yet, let alone the full price. Most of the meaningful and interesting DLC content tends to be valued higher and sold by itself (Bethesda titles) while many games just ship multiplayer busywork to satisfy pass owners.

Of course the publisher response to any success is to dial it up to 11. So now it's going to be multiple seasons, in addition to preorder DLC, post ship DLC, game passes, etc etc. I haven't played all of the BL2 DLC yet so I can't really judge it either way.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo