Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 12:47 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:47:
Mhhh... I tried NS2. I wished it had large open world maps with several square miles of area, proper infestation simulation, large scale complexes and vehicles as well as world changing infestation stages. Until then.. BF3 it is....

My dream game is AVP1 mixed with NS2 mixed with BF3 proper alien infestation simulation on large scale areas with underground labs and surface structures. Huge alien infestations spreading out to the surface, changing the climate and light. Cutting power to buildings around and distorting radar. Add vehicles for the Marines, and huge overworld and underground aliens like worms or dragon like fliers...

Looking at NS2 just makes me sad. So much potential.. so little of it used.

And of course.. 128 players. And a 1:2 balance for Marines:Aliens ie. Aliens get twice as many players as marines. That way, you could build balance around that. And make huge swarms possible.... ;p

If you want to see the conflict escalate to full-blown war, don't be a sad-sack and ignore this game... Tell all your friends to buy it and play with them, so they (Unknown Worlds) have more money for the next one. Frankly, it's a miracle they pulled off this sequel, they were in money trouble for so long. I don't know exactly what they were planning originally, but it may not have been so far off from your vision. AFAIK making it so similar to the first game/mod was a necessity, because they didn't have the budget for anything more.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo