Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website Feb 26, 2013, 00:35 saluk

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 18:44:
Definitely something to look forward to based on what has been shown so far. I could see spending hours just f'ing around with the daily operation of the city. One issue I can see is that it would seem impossible for every last single NPC in the game to be totally unique, that would be an insanely huge database, so how's it going to work? Are there going to be a multitude of Janets walking around who just got evicted? If every single citizen in the game is unique that would be awsome. Of course being a next gen console game it's at least two years away from a purchase for me at any rate... if at all, depends on the PS4, XBOX isnt even in the running as I refuse to pay to play and I don't see M$ drooping that, um, feature.

It doesn't look like it's ps4 only. It wouldn't be that hard to make all the characters "unique". Use a character creator, randomize the sliders, randomize a name, randomize the character's story. With careful effort, nothing would even need to be saved and you could guarantee a new, unique character to spawn whenever it is needed. OTOH even a large predefined database of characters would not take that much room.

The question is what HAVE they done.

I think when he said there was no mission or objectives, he was defining that for the demo, and stressing that the situation wasn't scripted. If it truly wasn't scripted or cleaned up for the demo, that's very cool. But we've time and again seen how demos and final games can differ *cough* aliens:cm *cough*.

I'm almost done with sleeping dogs, if this is as fun it wont be hard to get me to buy in. But it will make me sad if it falls short of the interconnected world they are selling.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo