Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:23 DangerDog

The only lesson that Gearbox/Randy Pitchford will take away from this mess is don't show any gameplay at E3 that's completely fictitious, or otherwise just use a disclaimer that the footage may not represent final product - like all other developers plaster on their advertisements/e3 demos.

The thing that got people raising up their pitchforks for Pitchfords head is the "100% in game footage" labeling right on through to official advertisements made for the game - well beyond that e3 demo.

dumpy wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:19:
I'm glad I didn't buy it, but I am curious how many people here commenting have actually played it?

I played it, and while it wasn't anywhere as cool as the infamous e3 demo it still wasn't a completely terrible game, I mostly just geeked out on the nostalgia factor - sights, sounds, and music. I also only paid $30 for it so I'm not as butthurt as the people who paid $50 or $60 for it.

Many people were able to get refunds from various places.

Now the people who purchased the season pass, they're pretty much screwed as it seems to be mostly multiplayer focused add-on content.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=49540

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 16:29.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo