Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Lifelock Feb 23, 2013, 11:01  Blue 

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:03:
I don't really care one way or the other, but you have a ton of Lifelock ads running. Not sure if you have a policy about ads from companies that have been found to be nothing but a scam.

I will certainly address actual scams, but that article does not state Lifelock is "nothing but a scam" at all, though it notes questionable aspects of their operation and founder, who ended up resigning. In a more current analysis, it seems fairer to say that you might not need to pay for any services they offer, but you can say that about a lot of businesses. You can mow your lawn or call a gardener.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 16:18:
He hasn't responded to any of the multiple scam ad warnings I have sent him. How many times do I have to see "(insert city here) Mom finds secret to (insert secret here)"

That's a generic filler ad I see on almost every site I visit... I hope I don't need to concern myself you are going to fall for an overblown teeth whitening promise. The bigger problem is that it's appearing instead of an ad that will actually return me revenue, and I'm trying a new ad provider to accomplish that. The Lifelock ads seem to be one of the new outfit's fallback filler ads, and I doubt they pay much of anything either. Hopefully they will be able to replace that with real ads and you won't have to worry about it either way.

Good luck. I want to support the site, but between the takeover ads, loud popups, and scams, I am about to turn them all off again.

Either something has gone completely haywire with how ads are being served locally for you, or you have confused this site with some other, as (having addressed the "scam" thing above) this is the first I've heard of takeover ads or loud popups in the longest time. I'm at a complete loss as to why you would say that.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2013, 11:09.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo