Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2013, 10:52 Verno

Saboth wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 19:12:
Sometimes while shopping, BB will actually have a price lower than Amazon (very rarely). I gladly pay $5-$10 more to buy from Amazon even at the higher price. I don't have to drive to BB, I don't have to be hassled by salesmen or shoppers, have warranties or cable sales pushed on me, and my item is delivered right to my door. Even if Amazon had sales tax, I most likely will not set foot in BB.

Not to mention, you will most likely spend an hour or two in the store arguing with managers over whether the model you are pointing to on Newegg is the same model in stock at BB.

On the other hand when something goes wrong an Amazon delivery, a common enough tale for things like televisions, you're often left to deal with it over the course of weeks instead of hours. I don't really care if they want to push silly things on me, I'm an adult and I just say politely but firmly say no. I think some things are great to buy from anywhere but there is some value in the Best Buy return policy.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo