Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 10:49 AngelicPenguin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:02:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 23:28:
Crysis 2 for me was just a graphical showcase. The gameplay was pure crap. Crysis 1 (before the aliens) was quite good.
You got that backwards. Crysis was nothing more than a technical demo. Crysis 2 added a Holywood-style narrative and refined the gameplay, especially the nanosuit; while it certainly wasn't amazing it had very good atmosphere - the music was particularly noteworthy (pun intended). I really didn't like Crysis, especially not after Far Cry, but Crysis 2 was decent in an over-the-top action movie sort of way - it wasn't anything special but it was a decent game.

The reviews seem to suggest the same is true of Crysis 3, which is fine by me. Sure it's disappointing that they haven't evolved the series like Ubisoft has with Far Cry 2 and 3 but what it does it does well (at least based on my experience with the multiplayer beta). It's a shame I won't be getting it, as it appears it won't be released on Steam.

I agree with SirKnight - I thought Crysis was quite a bit better than Crysis 2, but I enjoyed them both. Too many narrow hallways in 2 (or should I say alleyways conveniently filled with crushed debris.)

I think it also helped that in the first one, if you played on delta difficulty the enemies spoke Korean. It helped hide what they were saying. In Crysis 2, I'd hear "all clear" when 5 of their buddies were laying there dead and I had cloaked for 10 seconds. In Korean, for all I knew he was praying that I didn't kill him.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo