Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 19, 2013, 19:42 DangerDog

Maybe it's just that first person shooters don't really have that deep of a toolbox when it comes to things you can have the player do besides shoot stuff but it's getting a little silly with the switch flipping and find the recorded message bit.

I watched some twitch.tv of the single player and while it looks impressive the gameplay just seems a bit flat, part of the problem is the way the nano-suit lets you easily defeat the AI. The enemy soldiers just seem like crash test dummies that are there for you to shoot at, moving targets barking meaningless orders.

I did think it was funny that they put wildlife in the game but when you kill any animal it has no rag-doll effect, just falls over to the right side - deer to squirrels just fall over like a statue made of stone. I did see an enemy AI try to walk through a shipping container, overall though nothing like Aliens:CM goofy AI.

really good looking demo for CryEngine 3 though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo