Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 19, 2013, 18:39 Quboid

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:41:
Beamer wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:04:
They make games for their consumers! They make games that people who buy their games will enjoy. Making a change that makes you happy will make them unhappy.
Well you missed about half my sarcasm, but that's okay it doesn't always translate well. Here's the thing, console gaming has degenerated nearly the point of "it's not a game, it's an interactive movie" and in 15 years, I expect to see someone has gotten the brainchild idea to turn it into a choose-your-own adventure machine. Where it gives you a list of options and you're simply along for the ride.

You expect to see this? This has already happened, 20 years ago when 'multimedia' was the buzzword and we were told FMV games - choose your own adventure - were the future. That didn't happen, because they're not very much fun and as a result, they're not very profitable. It wasn't then and it wouldn't be now.

I think the idea of 'cinematic' games is terrible too and single player games like Call of Duty now rather suck in my opinion but there's so much more out there which is selling well - Call of Duty multiplayer, for example. I'm not saying it's good, but it's not an interactive movie and isn't trying to be.

Some gamers have always been dumb and there have always been dumb games for them. Some gamers have always been smart and there have always been smart games for them. This won't change.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo