Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 14:51 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 13:50:
loomy wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 13:36:
wrong motherfuckers. 680/7970 can both skip down to 30fps or below in crysis/far cry/bf3/skyrim modded. you just need a 2560x monitor and the settings turned up.

don't preach unless you're on a 30" monitor playing all games at the highest settings. if you aren't part of the $1000 video card club or $1000 monitor club, don't open your stupid fingers, you damned whiners

Nah, you don't need a $1000 videocard to drive that setup and there's a difference between minimum framerates and average. You can spend yourself into debt chasing high mins that will always be elusive due to optimization, driver issues and etc. Single card solutions are a mixed bag for multi-mon and very high resolution gaming, there are many scenarios where SLI/CF is preferable as an upgrade path. Either way the real world usage scenario for something like this in a single monitor setup is going to be practically non-existent outside of a development environment. You can spend half the money and get the majority of the performance from a consumer part to drive your crazy Korean monitor or Apple Cinema Display.

While it pains me greatly to say so, I actually have to agree with loony (sic.) A single 7970 at 2560 resolution would not maintain 60fps on the highest settings in any of the examples he listed.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo