Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 07:19 Redmask

One thing I don't understand and it annoys the hell out of me. How can a game developer get universally maligned over a design decision in their last game and instead of learning from it, DO IT AGAIN? The most common criticism I've read about FC2 was the constant spawning/respawning, stealing the sense of accomplishment and believability.

It's not the same implementation. Far Cry 2 you could drive away and 2 seconds later everything would repop. People don't want that in Far Cry 3, they want a somewhat randommized system where the Outposts are retaken by the enemy in believable and reasonable periods. You're supposed to believe that there is a civil war going on after all. It also gives the player something to fight other than wildlife.

People hated the system in Far Cry 2 for different reasons, don't think for a moment people want that system in this game, it was an entirely different beast.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo