Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 19, 2013, 04:39 Acleacius

I really liked they tried a adult themed storyline, too bad it didn't get flushed out. There should have been more missions, related to his friends once Jason finds them, along the lines of Daisy. The open world model works great as a shooter and the game is graphically beautiful. Yet the Save System and UI are almost abject failures. What kind of idiot would design a UI, where you constantly have to hit the Escape 5+ times just to get back into the game?

One thing I don't understand and it annoys the hell out of me. How can a game developer get universally maligned over a design decision in their last game and instead of learning from it, DO IT AGAIN? The most common criticism I've read about FC2 was the constant spawning/respawning, stealing the sense of accomplishment and believability.

In FC 3 it doesn't seem to matter difficulty or story stage. You drive up on an ambush/road block (or even a foot patrol) by the time you take them down and before you can even loot them, here they come. First one, then a second, third, fourth....and up to six. I'm not freaking kidding. Literally after finishing the tutorial (i.e. freeing the first base) and reaching a roadblock, there are no less then six vehicles. It can happen anywhere, anytime on any difficulty and not because you're hanging around, there isn't even time to loot.

As gamers we really need to find out which Designers approve idiotic things like the UI, Save System and Respawning to publicly shame these pricks. Apparently that's the only thing that will work.

There are mods at Nexus, if anyone is interested. Sadly ubisoft is involved so isn't as mod friendly as a Bethesda game. If you've completed the game once before a good compilation mod is Swartz mod Compilation.

Edit: Btw has anyone found the starting village where Grant gets killed? I've found Liza's building and the Well with the Brick (ends with the helicopter getting shot down). Secondly has anyone found a way to get 1500xp bonus during the Tutorial, freeing the first base?

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2013, 05:00.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo