Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 18, 2013, 20:38 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 19:33:
I'm rarely arguing 100% in favor of the corporations. Typically I'm just explaining that they're not evil.

The average user here tends to be pretty smart, but there is usually a complete misunderstanding over why companies do things. I try to repeatedly point out I'm not telling them to accept things, just understand why they happen. They can still be angry, but be angry at the right thing.

Perhaps you think that's what you're doing. Perhaps that's what you are trying to do. Unfortunately, that's not what comes across.

Take the last good example - the Bungie thread. Bungie is treating PC gamers like - at best - second class citizens. Someone called them out on that fact. And you immediately leaped to their defense, and framed things on a monetary scale. What you don't seem to grasp is the irrelevancy of that position. Unless we are shareholders, very few of us care how much money a company makes (certainly we want good ones to stay in business, but how well off they are isn't a factor). So it doesn't matter to us one whit that the Halo franchise was financially profitable. So why did you feel the need to approach things from that perspective? Yes, if you want to argue what the prudent thing for Bungie to do is, then it would definitely be to go with what they know. But that's not what the majority of people here care about (I suspect). We care about what, if anything, Bungie is doing for us as PC gamers. If that turns out to be jack shit (and it is), then we aren't going to look at them well. And all your attempts to defend them over such things as financial issues just make you appear to be somewhat mindlessly pro-business.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo