Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2013, 16:47 1badmf

i'm surprised all of you are so bleak about asteroid detection. the point has (almost) never been to spot the one on our doorstep and blow it up just in the nick of time - you've seen armageddon a few too many times if you think so. the likelihood of that happening is extremely low in any case. the main purpose of our tracking programs is to plot the orbits of all the ones we do see so that we can predict when one will hit earth.

can we stop one if it hits us next year? or even 5 years? probably not. but could we stop one if we predicted it was going to hit us in 100 years? almost guaranteed. i don't see how that's a waste of money at all.

creston are you dutch or are you american? you keep wavering back and forth like an amoral congressman.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo