Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 17, 2013, 12:26 Jivaro

killer_roach wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:57:
bhcompy wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:55:
The PS3 was also recently named one of the best Blu-ray players by CNET, another plus for the system.

Yea, sorry, bro, but CNET has all the credibility of Fox News and MSNBC these days.

If anything, that's more damning of the standalone players than it is lauding the PS3. (Seriously, a lot of them are absolute garbage.)

I would totally get a PS3 instead of a regular Blu-Ray player. I bought one of those "smart" blu-ray players (Toshiba) and after a couple of years of using a PS3 for blu-rays I was thoroughly disappointed. First, the "apps". They never add to them. I can Netflix or Youtube on my Blu-Ray player but I can't Amazon Prime or Hulu. This despite the fact that the box says that "new apps will be coming". Second I never have trouble playing a disc on my PS3. My blu-ray player seems to have trouble occasionally with newer discs. I end up having to wait a month or so longer for updates to the firmware then I do for the updates on the PS3.

So yeah, if I could do it over again, I would have bought a second PS3.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo