Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Push for online sales taxes picks up steam in Congress. Feb 16, 2013, 07:25 wtf_man

LittleMe wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:48:
What's not being talked about is that the costs of government 'services' for online sales are also much less, but now they'll be taxed the same as if they were a storefront.

WTF are you talking about?

Sales Taxes are collect by counties (usually), and spread amongst ALL 'services' offered in that county (Police, Fire, county clerks office, city halls, etc, etc,)... not just any specific "online services"... and in a State like mine that doesn't have any State income tax, a portion of sales taxes go into the State general funds for education, welfare, employment, prisons, state legislature, etc, etc, so, how would "online" be able to be any 'less services' ?

Poperty Taxes, are a different story... Brick and Mortar stores have to pay that if they own the building, or it's built into their lease and the shopping center owner pays those... while online stores pretty much don't have that overhead... except the big ones like Amazon that have data centers and warehouses.... but generally way less than say, Wallmart. But technically... that's just overhead difference in the business model.

Don't get me wrong, fiscally I'm, conservative, but you seem to have a real mis-conception of what 'services' that sales taxes are actually collected for.... which is basically everything... supplemented by federal funds on some things and fees like business liceneses, auto registration etc, for agencies like State Public Safety, Transportation, and Unemployment benefits.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2013, 07:38.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo