Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Impire Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 mixma242

I haven't got very far into it, but I can say if you were hoping this is the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper you would be very disappointed. The only real similarity is that both games are set in a dungeon, and opponents occasionally come in to try and wreck things.

You have more control over your units, and can do a lot of nice customization to your squads. The number of squads is limited (max of 5 squads, 4 units each), although you can have units that are not in squads. Units will not assist one another unless they are in the same squad, such as your healer will only heal it's squad mates.

The dungeon building aspect is very cookie cutter - rooms are based on blueprints so you can not shape an individual room. The layout and traps are pointless since invaders can dig in anywhere to enter, and every wave comes in at a different location.

The forums are alight with bug reports, and there is no manual. It's hard to know what some stuff even is supposed to do.

Combat is done well. You need a good combination within a squad to really do well, and some of the boss fights are impossible without thinking through your tactics (just trowing numbers at a boss will not work).

All in all it's a decent game for the price. It's not a Dungeon Management sim, it's a squad combat sim with some Dungeon management.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo