Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 14, 2013, 22:54 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 20:43
See I tried to say this in a previous thread and got a lot of flak for it. I like Minecraft but man, they really just throw everything at the wall, hope something sticks and move on to the next round. The community is totally driving that game. [/quote:

If you're referring to our discussion, I gave you flak for calling the game "essentially digital lego" and claiming it was "unfinished". Notch talks/talked about features he'd like to add on twitter all the time. Some of them were added some of them weren't and of the ones that were added I don't recall there being a concrete definition of how they would operate. I see character XP, towns, dungeons, and enchanting in the game... My friends who still play the game use that stuff all the time and I don't think they consider those features unfinished.

It is essentially digital lego, sorry but I do believe that is how most people will relate it subconsciously. Not because you put shapes together but because it appeals to that sort of creative building side, there isn't really a game behind it. I was referring to a series of discussions but ours was one yes. I've noticed a trend with Minecraft, people tend to try to explain away all of the games issues with the same answers "sandbox game", "not the creators intention", "that wasnt a promised feature" and so on. Minecraft is perfect because it is how it is and you can't question it with many people. I'm a fan of the game but it has a lot of fucking problems, bullshit they never finished or stuff they just throw in without much thought and leave the community to clean up. I really doubt is anyone playing an unmodded experience and getting that sort of longevity out of the game either, even just considering the sandbox elements.

Oh well, we've done this before with similar results, such is life

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo