Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

102. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 14, 2013, 21:10 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 18:56:
What if that Watchdogs trailer/game play video you got your panties all hot over, turns out not to be game play that is in the game?
Surprisingly enough I'm not willing to preorder that either, as I haven't seen enough about it. It certainly looks promising but I'll wait to see more about it. The thing is, Ubisoft usually allows reviews to be released in advance of the game - with Far Cry 3 there were reviews published over a week before release.

I only preorder games that I know I'm likely to enjoy, where there is a benefit to doing so (discount or preorder bonuses), where I've played the demo and/or where I don't want the experience to be spoiled by waiting. For instance, I preordered Alan Wake, Bioshock, Dragon Age: Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, STALKER: Clear Sky, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, W40K: Dawn Of War 2, The Witcher 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, DiRT: Showdown and Dishonored and was very happy that I did for every one (even Clear Sky, which had launch issues). The biggest disappointment I had from a preorder was BRINK and that was mainly because of performance rather than gameplay - I also had RAGE from release but that was a birthday present. But those experiences made me a lot more cautious, which is a good thing. The point is, if you do your research before games are released it's quite easy to see whether they're worth preordering or waiting for sale.

I pity those who preordered ACM and were disappointed by it (not everybody was) but hopefully they'll learn not to do the same in future.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo