Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 14, 2013, 20:56 Axis

OpticNerve wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 18:39:
The game's quite fun and has a lot of elements that I do enjoy but I really do hope they they work a bit more on the combat animations and especially give a boost to melee skills and rethink the passive skill tree placement of the Duelist class in particular.

Right now it's pretty well-known that melee builds are screwed after a certain point unless they pick up melee skill gems that have a ranged component to them (ie. ground slam and lightning strike) and even then, those simply can't compete with ranged, totem or caster builds.

Along with that, the Duelist seriously needs a reworking. They're placed in such a bad spot that the Marauder, Ranger or even the Shadow can do what the Duelist does but better and at the cost of less skill points in order to grab the important keystones. As it currently is, the Duelist is the worst class out of them all simply due to his placement on the passive tree.

Lots of people mirror those comments about the duelist. Little do they know the Armor/Evasion/ duelist has the most potential to be the top dog on HC. Very gear dependent, even moreso than others -- which is why it's taking me some time to be noticed on the HC ladder as I farm with mid-high lev chars building him up as he goes. You read it here first, before any 'streaming' or whatnot.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo