Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

88. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 14, 2013, 09:50 Verno

This CVG review represents pretty much what I think of the game after playing for 3 hours last night playing on Ult. Badass. It seems like they just didn't understand what makes Aliens great, they aren't cannon fodder for gung-ho Gears of War bros, they are cunning and deadly creatures in the film. From what I saw, this game fails at story pacing, has some bizarre inconsistencies contrasted with the movies and there are bugs/glitches galore. The AI work in this game is dreadful and definitely its weakest point, things just mindlessly run at the player directly and outside of prescripted events, there is no real flanking going on and most of the corridors are too small to accommodate it anyway. Whether the game is pretty or not is subjective, personally I found it pretty tame and bland with everything dialed up, like a console port where they forgot to toggle on some graphical options for the PC version.

Based on my time with it I can't recommend buying it for more than $10. We did some co-op which was "ok" in the sense that anything is more fun with friends but not really noteworthy in any way. The hour of multiplayer and two modes we checked out were glitchy and we constantly got booted out to the landing screen (stable computer, fios connection before anyone goes there). I can see it being a little nostalgia trip for people who like Aliens but the treatment of everything is likely to leave a sour taste in most fans mouthes.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo