Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

158. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 13:40 SpectralMeat

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:29:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:01:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:57:
I think it's difficult to sit back and watch people bash a game you like,
Then don't, just skip the thread and move on. Enjoy your game.
Do you start arguing about everything in your life that you like and others don't?
What's the point? Will you enjoy your game more if John Doe on the internet agrees with you?
Lol, you're talking to someone who has actually convinced someone that a game isn't as bad as he and others thought So, yeah... victories are few and far between but they can be turned!

But to be clear I have no intention of defending this game or be seen to be defending it

However, Darks and anyone else has a right to express their opinion, just as much as anybody. Negative != Right, it's just another point of view. People are trying to convince Darks and others it's crap, by saying "see look at the reviews". Anyone is allowed to counter that.

Why bother? It's a sense of injustice. If you feel something is being wrongly attacked, you step in and stand up for it. Other than that it's just about joining a discussion and having your voice heard.
If I like a game, I don't need others approval or confirmation that it is a good game. I really liked Supreme Commander 2 and Homefront for example that others hated here. Never stopped me from having fun with it regardless of the general feedback from the community.
I also got Starcraft and World of Warcraft and hated both, but millions of others love those games.
To me it is not a victory or loss as in a battle, it is my opinion vs others. Do you agree with me or not on a game doesn't change my enjoyment of the game nor my opinion on it. But that's just me.

Steam: SpectralMeat

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo