Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters Feb 13, 2013, 09:12 Quboid

The lack of content looks really disappointing. When I read that this was from the Tropico guys, I thought that maybe the reason Tropico 4 had so little new from Tropico 3 was that the art guys were working flat out on this but it would seem not; they just don't have many artists or the project management there is poor.

I haven't played many missions but the same tactical battle maps keep coming up. Are all prisons the same map? All banks? There barely seems to be a dozen different maps in total. The combat its self is cool, I like the AP/MP system, but as with everything else, it has problems. "It will take 10 of 11 MP to move to just before that cover. Oh you want to go an extra 2 inches into cover? That's 12 MP, so you can't do that." Huh?

I was expecting one strategic map of the whole city like "City in Motion" managed, and for proper dynamic (at least in part) gang warfare. Tiny neighbourhoods with no life outside scripted plot events is disappointing.

Omerta has a lot going for it, but fails to deliver time after time. Maybe Omerta 2 will be good.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo