Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters Feb 12, 2013, 20:45 Sepharo

Wait for this to drop in price significantly or for some free/packaged DLC to release. There's just not enough going on in the game and the things that are going on aren't done really all that well.

My biggest complaint has to be the lack of immersion. The world does not react to you in any palpable way. You don't get to build and the map will look the same as it did from the 1st hour to 12th despite building a criminal empire. You use special informant buildings to discover other buildings you can rent to create your industries. The buildings look and structure has no bearing on what can be placed there so you can build a brewery in a shack on a pier or in an industrial warehouse and the output is the same. I could go on but you may as well just go watch a gameplay video keeping in mind what I've already described.

The turn based combat at first appears like it's going to be interesting but then you realize that you tend to do all the fighting right where you start since enemies just mindlessly run towards you. The detailed maps with rooms and other obstacles just go to waste.

All that being said, according to Steam it held my interest for 6 hours. That's more time played than the vast majority of games I've bought so not much of a loss for me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo