Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2013, 22:18 Flatline

Optional Nickname! wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 21:45:
"Only a fool could try to rationalize NOT spending money on it [a game you paid nothing for] now…"

Very well Cliffski, now please make all of your Gratutious game titles a real gratuity and offer them for free.

Only a fool wouldn't give away his games for free, according to your 'logic'.

You're assuming Cliffski's games are actually fun investments of time. In my personal experience... they aren't.

Yeah, Cliffski is kind of a blowhard and is demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of the Farmville F2P game model.

In reality, most players either peter out before that plateau, plunk down a buck or two and quickly hit the next plateau then get frustrated and quit playing, or play sporadically, and due to the lengthy wait induced by the plateau, and forget about the game and stop playing.

It was something like the .01% of users that are referred to as "whales", that will spend tens of thousands of dollars on your game that the game actually markets to. They spend so much that it makes the game overall lucrative.

And that is, exactly, the math and the rationale behind F2P.

The problem with Cliffski's approach here is that you're basically strong-arming gamers. "hey... that's a nice little game you've got there. Lots of fun right? Be a real shame if all that fun and investment suddenly went kaput right? 99 cents ought to clear that right up though for a day or two however..."

I can't remember the last post he's made where I haven't thought "f*cking asshat..."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo