Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 9, 2013, 20:43 bigspender

Ant wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:05:
gravity wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 17:00:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 20:41:
gravity wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:36:

Let's expand upon this comment..

Name three 'faithful' and 'quality' game-related films. I can't think of two that I would actually want to re-visit more than the first viewing (meaning, low in quality).

Not saying you're not gonna be able to... I just can't think of more than one...

Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, both Tomb Raider movies, Max Payne, Prince of Persia. You might not have liked some of them, but those were solid movies with solid actors and scripts. Some would add resident evil (not me), but I'd add Doom (loved it). I don't know if you'd count the recent Mortal Kombat web series, but these were awesome.

I'm proud of you for saying "Silent Hill" - that was my "one." Too bad Revelations wasn't that great - but it wasn't terrible either.

MK was cool when I was 12 - I re-watched it recently. Effects technology advancement ignored, it really wasn't very good. Good call with Doom though, despite it being 'not great' or very in-depth, it was reasonably honest with the material.
Huh? DOOM was awful IMO. I watched it over my Christmas 2012 break. :/

+ 1 doom was a terrible movie - i liked the first person bit though, but apart from that it was just terrible.

the story didn't even remotely follow that of the doom games. apart from being on mars.

event horizon's story was closer to the doom story

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo