Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 21:42 Jivaro

Krizzen wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 19:59:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:22:
Does anyone else read descriptions of game trailers and immediately decide to not watch them when words like "developer discusses" are in the description?

Nope. I actually prefer such videos. I'd rather hear a developer describing their thought process (laced with PR, of course) behind some actual features of the game. Game trailers typically give me nothing but extremely short clips slammed back-to-back-to-back and lots of CG that doesn't give me any idea about how the game actually plays.

Anyway, I know I don't speak for the majority, but as a hardcore gamer, the absolute best videos are straight, unaltered gameplay footage. Preferably on PC, max settings, and atleast 1080p.

Oh I totally see your point with regards to some of those "trailers". Just like Hollywood, those trailers are made to sell something or get the customer excited not actually give you something with which to base an informed opinion on. I wasn't really including those "teasers" etc when I was writing that post. Since there are so many of them I probably should have. I mean, we have teasers for teasers now...which is ridiculous.

Sounds like we have the same preference though. Give me a straight 10-20 minute gameplay trailer on the best video settings. I just would prefer it was also without any audio other then what comes from the game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo