Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

59. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 21:16 Slashman

I'll say that, after all the years I've spent gaming, I can pretty well tell when I'll like something or not.

I can also tell when my not liking something is simply the product of it being a different genre than I like(like point and click adventure games) vs. it being simply a game designed in a way that turns me off.

There are games that will cause a large portion of Bluesers to be split down the middle. Then there are games which a lot of folks will say aren't worth it. Those games will still find people who like them. And some people will literally play anything in a given genre and say it is great.

In terms of pre-judging a game, it is absolutely sometimes valid to form an opinion based on what is presented by the developers. Especially when they tout certain features as major selling points that you greatly dislike. If a developer makes a game and sells it based on including QTEs as often as possible, for instance, than you can pretty much bet I'll hate the hell out of it. And nothing you can say will make me say it's going to be a great game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo