Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 20:20 Verno

Getting away from the larger drama for a moment, one thing that bugs me a bit is when people claim others can't judge something based on preview material. That's the whole purpose of preview material, to get you to judge and hopefully buy the product before its released. To act like people can't form opinions or have expectations based on it is absurd, that's the purpose of it in the first place. It's glorified advertising, not an ancient manuscript that needs to be authenticated. We aren't handing out review scores, it's just opinions or thoughts.

I want every game that I look at to be awesome because I love playing awesome games but it just doesn't shake out that way.

There's maybe a handful of games that don't have their entire forum thread start out bashing the game, the developer, people who buy it, or all three

I think sometimes anything perceived as negative gets lumped in with the trolls and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I do think that there are some people who do a lot of baiting because they know it'll get responses and it is a problem.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 20:37.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo