Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 16:02 Bhruic

Quboid wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:59:
I understand people not liking how EA goes about making money and if I'd known about the always-on requirement at the time, I wouldn't have preordered Simcity. However, deger's attitude is just naive.

My annoyance is with the people who kneejerk "EA bad!" for everything they do. I don't love EA. I don't particularily like EA. I agree that EA does lots of scummy things. But sometimes they do decent things, and rather than laugh at them when they do, I'd rather encourage them so they continue to do more.

Really, they are doing nothing more than what Valve did - tie their games to their distribution system. If anyone things Valve would do things any different today, they are nuts. They've put a lot of time and money into getting even 3rd party developers/publishers to tie their products to Steam.

Yes, I would consider Valve to be a "better" company than EA, but jumping over EA for doing something that you ignore in other companies just demonstrates a personal bias, not anything wrong with EA.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo