Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2013, 15:05 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:35:
I think my limit is $400 and even then, I need to see mind blowing improvement. I think I've only paid that much once...

We're kind of in a sweet spot right now where you can get a decent proc and video card for pretty cheap and run just about anything.

Yeah, that is about my limit. I bought an 8800 Ultra for $400, which died after 3 yrs. Then I got a GTX 460 for $180, which showed a big improvement. I bought a GTX 670 over the summer for $390, and haven't seen much improvement, although the plan was to run games multimon, which I have yet to do. You really don't need to spend more than $200 ; a $200 card give 80% the perf of a $400 card, and given that most games are console ports anyway, that's more than enough.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo